Thursday, April 20, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
The Environmental Cooperative at the Vassar Barns
This workshop is geared towards educators and local conservation organizations - please RSVP here!
Leaders from regional and national organizations involved in conservation work will be joining us to discuss how to engage students and the public in regional conservation. Dr. Thomas Lovejoy, will open the discussion by identifying current challenges in conservation globally. There will be informal discussions with local, regional and national environmental and conservation organizations following the opening remarks.
- Rebecca Benner – Director of Science and Strategy, The Nature Conservancy, New York
- Helen Forgione – Senior Project Manager, Ecological Assessment; The Natural Areas Conservancy
- Ann Pedtke – SCA, Marketing and Events Manger
- Bill Schuster – Executive Director, Black Rock Forest
- Alan Tousignant – Director, The Trevor Zoo, The Millbrook School
- Josh Ginsberg – President, Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies
The audience for this is environmental educators and teachers in the Hudson Valley. There is a limited amount of space for this Thursday session, so RSVP's are appreciated.
The event is free. A light breakfast will be provided.